Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sunny with a few clouds

YAY!! I don't know why I'm so excited about nice weather there have been a bunch of days this week so far.

I just got TWITTER!

I only have French left to finish up for the school year, and am now starting to really read again. I got three books one week, six books the next and have already read 3 but am falling behind and have a long list of books I want to read this summer. *sigh* Why don't adults take reading seriously? I mean "yeah its a good way for kids to learn" but why can't they appreciate the joy of fiction and just veggetating every once in a while, especially when they are shoving "Giants in the Earth" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin" one minute and calling it a waste of time when you want to read "Once and Future King" and "Ben-Hur" the next?

2 comments:

Madison said...

That's a very good question, and I'm afraid I don't have a good answer.

It's probably something like because they don't read for fun, they don't get how reading is fun.

*rolls eyes*

The sad state of the world.

Anonymous said...

sweet, i have recently had time to start reading again... that is a good question... i know my parents would read more if they had more time. At least my mom would... my dad watches TV lol.

Music Console

Hit counter